OpenApron requires all registrants to follow our simple guidelines in order to effectively book and complete a dinner party booking. All registrants must confirm with the following:
- A valid email address
- A valid telephone number
- An uploaded profile photo of choice
- Payment information
It is important for Chefs to feel confident each time they arrive at a designated venue - whether it is a Host’s house, a rented space, or their own space. That is why we require certain information from both parties to ensure a safe and comfortable environment. Chefs can use their About Me section of their profile page to add rules or any extra information.
Commit to your calendar
Your Availability Calendar should always be accurate and reflect times you are free for dinner bookings. Cancelling on a Host may disrupt their plans and result in a penalty fee charged on the Chef’s account ($25 CAD), as well as an automatic negative review.
Easy steps to create a booking:
- Update your profile the 5 steps in your profile. Please be sure to use the correct geotagging - for example, if you are a French Chef, you will want to add “French” in your list of cuisines so Hosts can look it up.
- Add your banking information - this is for money to be deposited straight into your account. Please look on your cheque, or ask your bank for: Bank Transit Number, Institution Number, Account number. There is a diagram in the Bank Information page.
- Add your menu - you may upload a custom PDF file, or use our textbox to input your selected menu. Remember to select the PAX (Price per person) and cancellation policy.
- Add your availability in the Availability settings - you can select individual times, or repeated times of availability.
- Wait and confirm - once a Hosts books your available date, you will receive an email notification to Confirm or Reject the booking.
- The funds (minus service fee) will be deposited to your account 24 hours after the dinner has been completed!
Note: communication is key to every Chef/Host relationship. Please be sure to use the messaging system and ask each other questions if needed.